Anonymous Tip Leads to Hayward Man Charged with Intent to Deliver THC
On November 28, 2017, A Sawyer County detective received a tip of a white four door Infiniti that would be driving into Hayward with illegal drugs inside, according to a criminal complaint filed against the driver of that vehicle, Parker Bergum, 22, of Hayward.
Two Hayward city officers were able to get in front and behind the vehicle as it came into the city on Highway 63 from the south. Bergum’s vehicle was pulled over in the parking lot of Olson Insurance.
While a Hayward officer was issuing a written warning for not having a front license plate, a Sawyer County K-9 officer and his partner, Oscar, arrived. Officers had Bergum wait near the squad car while the K-9 did a check of the vehicle, and according to the complaint, Oscar had a positive alert a few minutes later.
Bergum was charged in Sawyer County Circuit Court on December 15 with felony possession of THC with intent to deliver when officers found five zip lock bags of marijuana in the trunk of the vehicle. According to the complaint, a total of 116.4 grams was found in different amounts throughout the five bags.
Bergum was also charged with operating a motor vehicle while impaired after he failed some field tests conducted at the jail, for smoking marijuana which Bergum admitted to doing one hour prior to his vehicle being pulled over, the complaint stated.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store
- 3rd Annual Hockey Day this Saturday in Hayward
- Hayward Students Took Center Stage at Solo & Ensemble Presentation in Spooner
- Escape Charges Filed Against Hayward Man
- (VIDEO) Justin Timberlake Can't Stop the Feeling - Hayward, Wisconsin
- Pistol Used in Assault Results in Conviction for Hayward Man
- Hayward Man Convicted on His 4th OWI
- Hayward Man Busted Selling THC at Municipal Lot Gets 15 Days in Jail, Probation
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield