Escape Charges Filed Against Hayward Man
A criminal complaint has been filed in Washburn County Circuit Court charging Adolfo Thayer-Vega with Class H Felony Escape Juvenile Placement/Corrections.
According to the criminal complaint, Thayer-Vega had been released from Lincoln Hill School in April 2017 and allowed to return to his home in Springbrook, WI while on GPS monitoring. In August 2017, Thayer-Vega’s GPS monitoring bracelet started to send alerts to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections indicating low battery.
Thayer-Vega did not respond to messages instructing him to charge his GPS bracelet, and his whereabouts remained unknown until September 21, 2017, when he was taken into custody and transported back to Lincoln Hills School.
During the period of time from August 19 until September 21, Thayer-Vega was involved in an incident at a residence in Hayward, WI on September 3, 2017,in which he caused bodily harm to 2 females, according to the criminal complaint. Thayer-Vega fled the residence before officers arrived.
Online circuit court records show that in May 2015, Thayer-Vega was charged with Class H Felony Escape Juvenile Placement/Corrections and Misdemeanor Contempt of Court/Disobey Order. In August 2015, Thayer-Vega entered into a deferred agreement on that case.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Thayer-Vega is now also facing charges in 2 Sawyer County Circuit Court cases, charging him with 2 counts of Misdemeanor Battery, Misdemeanor Bail Jump, Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct, and Misdemeanor Intentionally Mistreat Animals.
According to online circuit court records, Thayer-Vega most recently appeared via phone in November 2017 from Lincoln Hill School regarding his criminal charges in Sawyer County.
Thayer-Vega is scheduled to appear in March in Washburn County Circuit Court regarding his charges of Escape Juvenile Placement/Corrections.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Why Choose Spooner & Hayward Physical Therapy and Wellness? It's as Easy as ABC
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store
- Bolen to Run Against Bewley for State Senate
- Felony Escape Charges Filed Against Gordon Correctional Escapee
- 3rd Annual Hockey Day this Saturday in Hayward