Felony Escape Charges Filed Against Gordon Correctional Escapee
A man who escaped from Gordon Correctional Facility on September 23, 2017, is facing felony escape charges in Douglas County Circuit Court.
Brabbs was taken back into custody by October 5, 2017, according to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections website. Details of his arrest are not known to SawyerWire.com at this time, however, Brabbs was incarcerated under Federal Jurisdiction.
A hearing was held in Douglas County Circuit Court on February 1, 2018, regarding Brabbs’ escape charges. Brabbs appeared while in custody, and the Court placed him on a $3,000 cash bond. He is scheduled to appear later this week for an arraignment hearing.
According to online circuit court records, Brabbs has numerous criminal convictions from multiple counties dating back to 1995, including two misdemeanor convictions in 2006 in Sawyer County Circuit Court. In addition to Brabbs’ new charges in Douglas County, there are several pending criminal court cases filed against him in Brown County, WI.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Hunt Continues for Inmate Who Escaped from Gordon Correctional Center
Monday, September 25, 2017 | by Ben Dryden
Law enforcement continues to search for an inmate who escaped from the Gordon Correctional Center on September 23, 2017.
The Department of Corrections speaking on behalf of the officials at the minimum security facility released the following information regarding the escaped inmate:
- Name: Michael Brabbs
- Year of Birth: 1976
- Gender: Male
- Race: White
- Height: 5’10”
- Weight: 200
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Hair Color: Brown
According to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections Offender Locator website, Michael Brabbs has previously gone by several different aliases including the names Aaron Huff, Anthony Huff, Allen Huff, and Brian Miller.
Online circuit court records show that Brabbs has a lengthy history of criminal convictions including Class F Felony Fleeing, Class I Felony Recklessly Endangering Safety, Class H Felony OWI 5th Offense, Class H Felony Theft, Misdemeanor Resisting or Obstructing an Officer and Misdemeanor Disorderly Conduct.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Controlled Buy Investigation Results in Meth Delivery Charges for Hayward Man & Woman
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Bolen to Run Against Bewley for State Senate
- Escape Charges Filed Against Hayward Man
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Controlled Buy Drug Investigations Lead to Meth Dealing Charges Against 8 in Just Two Weeks
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield
- Charges Filed Against Source of Meth in Josh Luce Case