Hayward Library Closed Wednesday and Thursday for Public Health and Safety Reasons
The Sherman & Ruth Weiss Community Library in Hayward will be closed Wednesday and Thursday, November 15 and 16, to eliminate a possible bed bug problem.
Two of the insects were found on a chair in the adult area.
Director Molly Lank-Jones stated, "Our first concern is the health and safety of the public, our volunteers and staff. We have scheduled an exterminator who also will do follow up checks to ensure they are gone."
Assistant Director Ann Larson added, "We're fortunate this hasn't happened before. We looked online and saw many listings for library and school closures for the same reason."
The library will be open on Friday, November 17 at 10 am as usual.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Why Choose Spooner & Hayward Physical Therapy and Wellness? It's as Easy as ABC
- Controlled Buy Investigation Results in Meth Delivery Charges for Hayward Man & Woman
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Northwoods Behavioral Health Services to Close Next Week
- Bill Would Create New Way For Small Businesses To 'Self-Fund' Employee Health Insurance
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store