Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
Charges of sexual assault of a child under the age of 16 are filed against a Hayward man in Sawyer County Circuit Court stemming from incidents which reportedly occurred in 2011.
According to a criminal complaint filed against Seth Olson, of Hayward, WI, he is charged with Class C Felony Sexual Assault of a Child Under the Age of 16 and Class C Felony Repeated Sexual Assault of the Same Child.
The criminal complaint states that in March of 2017, the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Department received a complaint stating that in 2011, Seth Olson allegedly had a sexual relationship with a female victim who would have been 15 at the time. Olson would have been 21 when the incidents occurred.
The victim provided a statement to the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Department which stated that in 2011 the victim worked at a restaurant in Hayward with Olson. In the statement, the victim stated that they exchanged text messages and talked at work.
Olson would give the victim rides home from work, and take the victim to his residence, where they would hang out in the basement.
Law enforcement conducted an interview with the victim, who said that Olson took the victim to his residence 4 or 5 times and that while there, had fondled the victim’s private areas.
Online circuit court records show that charges were filed against Olson in April 2017, and he was placed on a $5,000 signature bail bond at his initial appearance hearing in May 2017. At a preliminary examination hearing in September 2017, the Court found probable cause to bind the case over for trial.
Olson appeared with his defense attorney for a status conference in Sawyer County Circuit Court on February 13, 2018, and is next scheduled to appear in March for a plea/sentencing hearing.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Try Advertising with SawyerWire for FREE!
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 13 in Sawyer County
- Movie Review: 'Black Panther' (with Trailer)
- Trial Scheduled for Man Charged with Repeated Sexual Assault of a Child
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store