Hundreds of Snowmobilers Coming to Hayward This Weekend for AWSC Meeting
A big weekend for snowmobiling is planned as hundreds of snowmobilers head to Hayward this weekend for the Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs (AWSC) board of director’s holds it quarterly meeting at the Flat Creek Inn.
The Sawyer County Snowmobile & ATV Alliance, which has 11-member clubs, is hosting the event which will have a reception Friday night at the Flat Creek Inn. On Saturday morning, the snowmobilers will be out on several guided snowmobile rides and a banquet will be held Saturday night. The director’s will meet on Sunday morning.
The AWSC board of director’s meeting has two representatives who come from each of Wisconsin’s 72 counties. The AWSC itself represents over 600 snowmobile clubs throughout Wisconsin which maintains over 25,000 miles of groomed trails.
The Hayward Lakes Visitors and Convention Bureau and the Hayward Chamber of Commerce are working with the alliance in welcoming these visitors to the area. Area businesses donating money or items for a raffle to help pay for the event include Sawyer County Tavern league, L & M Fleet Supply, Ed’s Pit Stop, Cheers, Spider Lake Saloon, Angler’s Bar and Grill and Coop’s Pizza.
Cover photo from Sawyer County Snowmobile & ATV Alliance
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Why Choose Spooner & Hayward Physical Therapy and Wellness? It's as Easy as ABC
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store
- 3rd Annual Hockey Day this Saturday in Hayward
- Hayward Students Took Center Stage at Solo & Ensemble Presentation in Spooner
- Escape Charges Filed Against Hayward Man