Investigation into Heroin & Cocaine Trafficking in Sawyer Co. Leads to Multiple Arrests
Pictured Above - L/R: Brian A. Melendez Santiago, Cory R. Demain, Robert E. Morgan
On the evening of 11/06/17, Sawyer County Deputies, the Sawyer County Swat Team, Lac Court Oreilles Police Department Officers and WI DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation Agents executed a search warrant at 12329W County Highway N in the Township of Couderay. A 9mm handgun, drug paraphernalia and a digital scale were seized during the search of the residence.
Information leading to the search warrant was obtained during a cooperative investigation into heroin and cocaine trafficking in Sawyer County & on the LCO Reservation by Sawyer County Deputies, Lac Court Oreilles Police Officers, DCI Agents and City of Hayward Police Officers. During the investigation over One Quarter (1/4) Pound of Heroin and Two (2) Ounces of Cocaine were seized, in addition to the 9mm Handgun.
Three male suspects were taken into custody as a result of the investigation; Cory R. Demain, age 26 of the Township of Couderay, Brian A. Melendez Santiago, age 20 of Milwaukee, WI and Robert E. Morgan, age 40 of Cudahy, WI.
The results of the investigation have been forwarded to the Sawyer District Attorney’s Office for consideration of the filing of criminal charges. You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the Lac Court Oreilles Police Department, the City of Hayward Police Department and the Wisconsin Department of Justice Division of Criminal Investigation continue our combined efforts in our mission to protect the citizens of Sawyer County.
Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Sawyer Co. ADA Aaron Marcoux 1 of 3 Finalists for Barron Co. DA Position
- Marge Kelsey to Run for Sawyer County Clerk of Court
- Sawyer County Sheriff Department Warrant List - 2/8/18
- Sawyer County Snow Report
- K-9 Trace, Multiple Agencies Work Together in Recent Drug Busts
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield
- Poppletown Couple Held on $25,000 Cash Bond Following Meth and Heroin Dealing Charges
- Sawyer Trails One of Only a Few Wisconsin Counties in Excellent Shape
- Multiple Warrants Issued in Widespread Check Fraud Case