It Was A Great Weekend for Snowmobiling in Sawyer County
Latest report from the Sawyer County Snowmobile & ATV Alliance
We had a great weekend in Sawyer County! Snow, cold, lots of riders, Snow Cross Race and more! A weekend full of fun! Thursday brought about 4" of snow to most of the county and temps were in the single digits and lower. Groomers were out in full force! This made for great trails. Then Sunday blessed us again with approximately 2" of more fresh snow. We have about a 4-6" base and reports throughout the county are that trails are groomed and in very good condition and the lakes are great! The week calls for temps in the teens to the twenties and the weekend some warmer temps that will bring more snow and back down to the twenties again. We are having a great season!
One area reported to ride with caution is Trail 9 from Couderay to Devils Lake Road, this area does have some washouts/ruts and little snow and is very poor, attention has been brought to this area but in the meantime please ride with caution.
Almost all surrounding counties are not only completely open but reported to be in good condition; Ashland, Bayfield, Douglas, Washburn and Price are good. Rusk is partially open and Baron is currently closed.
Thank you to all club members and volunteers, thank you to all groomers that go out late nights and days off! You're doing amazing jobs! Thank you to all who choose Sawyer County to ride and to share your excitement for this sport with us!
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Sawyer County Snowmobile ATV Alliance Trail Report
- Winter Weather Advisory for Sawyer County
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 13 in Sawyer County
- Sawyer Co. ADA Aaron Marcoux 1 of 3 Finalists for Barron Co. DA Position
- Marge Kelsey to Run for Sawyer County Clerk of Court
- Sawyer County Sheriff Department Warrant List - 2/8/18
- Natural Connections: 'The Great Migration of Miniscule Things'
- Sawyer County Snow Report
- Fire at Great Lakes Renewable Energy
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over