K-9 Trace, Multiple Agencies Work Together in Recent Drug Busts
HAYWARD -- K-9 Trace, along with multiple law enforcement agencies, recently worked together in two separate incidents which resulted in the discovery of multiple drugs leading to arrests.
The following was posted on the Sawyer County K9 LTD facebook page:
Kudos to K-9 Trace. On Friday 01/26/17 the Wisconsin State Patrol requested K-9 Trace to assist with a traffic contact in the Town of Hayward. Upon arrival, LCO Police were on scene and advised that one of the two occupants had provided a false name. With both occupants out of the vehicle, K-9 Trace was brought out for a sniff of the vehicle and alerted to the driver’s door. During a search of the vehicle, officers located 6.4 grams of heroin, multiple bags of marijuana, a loaded handgun that was stolen out of MN, and drug paraphernalia as well as an 11 gram bag of white powder that will be tested at the crime lab. The operator was arrested subsequent to the search and the passenger arrested for obstruction as well as Sawyer and Washburn County warrants.
Several hours later K-9 Trace was requested by the LCO Police Department to assist on a traffic stop. During a sniff of the vehicle, K-9 Trace alerted on the passenger side of the vehicle. A search of the vehicle resulted in multiple pieces of drug paraphernalia, multiple bags and devices containing marijuana, and a schedule II narcotic. The operator of the vehicle was subsequently arrested for the items located as the passenger in the vehicle was arrested on a probation violation.
These two examples show the working relationship between officers of multiple agencies.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- Rep. Edming Votes to Advance Welfare-to-Work Package
- 21 Things You Might Not Know About Me: K9 Trace
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Controlled Buy Drug Investigations Lead to Meth Dealing Charges Against 8 in Just Two Weeks
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield
- Multiple Warrants Issued in Widespread Check Fraud Case
- 19 Year Old LCO Woman, Several Others, Get Meth Dealing Charges from Drytown Drug Raid
- Woman Convicted of Maintaining a Drug House on Reservation