Man Caught with Heroin at Probation Office
An LCO man who was on probation for a Barron County charge of Criminal Damage to Property, originally a felony pled down to a misdemeanor, has been charged in Sawyer County Circuit Court with possession of narcotics.
Leonard T. Quagon, 33, faces 3 ½ years in prison and a fine up to $10,000 for the new charges, which resulted when Hayward city police officers were dispatched to the probation and parole office for a pick up on June 28, 2017.
Upon arrival, officers were notified that Quaqon had failed his Urine Analysis test. Quagon was handcuffed and then searched, according to the complaint. A Sawyer County deputy found on Quagon during the search a small gum wrapper folded into a tiny square.
The officer reported finding an off-white powder inside the gum wrapper. The officer mailed the substance to the Wausau State Crime Lab for testing.
On December 4, the results were returned and tested positive for heroin. Charges were filed by the district attorney’s office on December 11, 2017, and Quagon has his initial appearance on January 16 at 8:30 a.m. at the Sawyer County Courthouse.
On July 6, 2016, Quagon was sentenced to one year of probation for an incident that occured in Barron County on August 5, 2015. Quagon was originally charged for a felony criminal damage to property but pled down to a misdemeanor. He was probation was extended for an additional year on May 16 of this year.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- Hayward Man Busted Selling THC at Municipal Lot Gets 15 Days in Jail, Probation
- Poppletown Couple Held on $25,000 Cash Bond Following Meth and Heroin Dealing Charges
- Stone Lake Woman Gets Jail and Probation for 4th OWI
- Hayward Woman Sentenced to Prison for Role in Heroin Trafficking
- Winter Man Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail; Probation for Relationship with 16-Year-Old
- Boys & Girls Club Securing Its Future with New Endowment Campaign
- LCO Woman Sentenced to Probation on Heroin Delivery Charge
- Propane Shortage With Extreme Cold Weather Has Governor Declaring State of Emergency