New Year's Eve Sobriety Powwow Planned at LCO School Gym
The LCO Tribe will be having a sobriety powwow on New Year’s Eve at the LCO School Gymnasium and all are welcome to attend.
The powwow will have a Grand Entry this Sunday at 7:00 p.m. and singing and dancing will take place till the New Year is brought in at Midnight. Indian tacos will be served from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
There will be special dances to take place which include the potato dance, switch dance, spot dances, 2-step, swan dance, fish dance, feather dance and hoop dance.
There will also be a youth hand drum contest and honorariums will be given to all dancers in regalia. Also, the first ten drum groups will be paid.
Becky Taylor, the powwow coordinator, noted that special items will be awarded to each of the following individuals; the furthest visitor, ugliest hat/coffee cup, oldest veteran, furthest casino card, newest baby, oldest elder, longest sobriety, best beaded medallion or earrings, and more.
The host drum for the powwow is the Badger Singers.
For more information, contact Becky Taylor at 715-699-0381.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Pennies for a Cure Kicks Off at LCO School
- Hiring of Former Tribal Chairman at LCO School Causes Community Backlash
- Winter Student Pleads in Terroristic Threat Incident at the School
- School Fight Leads to Conviction on Child Abuse Charges
- Hayward High School Students of the Month
- Hayward Middle School Students of the Month
- CESA #12 Happenings Reported by School Board Member
- Hayward Superintendent Reports School District Moving in the Right Direction
- Sawyer County High School Students Graduate from Police Explorers Academy