One Dead after Fatal Crash in Ashland County
The Wisconsin State Patrol released the following information regarding a rollover accident on a sharp curve in Ashland County on Sunday night.
Crash Information - Initial Release
Roadway: CTH N
Location: 4TH STREET
At 7:51 PM on Sunday November 26, 2017 a crash occurred on CTH N at 4th Street in ASHLAND County near BUTTERNUT. Assisting agencies included Ashland County Sheriff’s Department. The crash involved 1 fatality. Vehicle and occupant information, if available, is on the last page(s).
The details of the crash are as follows:
The Ashland County Sheriff’s Office responded to a one vehicle crash on CTH N and 4th Street in Glidden. Upon arrival, a 2008 Chevrolet Aveo was located off the roadway, amongst trees and brush, with a deceased male inside.
The Ashland County Sheriff’s Office requested investigative assistance from the Wisconsin State Patrol. A trooper and technical reconstructionist responded to assist.
The Chevrolet entered a 25 MPH zone with a left curve present. The operator failed to negotiate the curve, traveled off the roadway, and the vehicle overturned.
The crash remains under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
- Unit 1: Passenger Car (2008 Chevrolet Aveo)
- Driver: Name is withheld pending notification of family. 74 Year Old Male From Marseilles, IL
- Injuries: Fatal
- Enforcement Action: Pending Investigation
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 2-Vehicle Crash in Town of Barnes
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Congressman Duffy and Family Okay After Being On Train that Collided
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Lake Hayward Trail Closes After Snowmobiles Go Through the Ice
- Two Arrested After SWAT Raid on the LCO Reservation
- Man Arrested After Report of Shots Fired During Domestic Disturbance
- Two-Vehicle Crash Results in Two People Airlifted with Injuries
- Two Charged with Possession of Narcotics After Traffic Stop
- Ladysmith Man Charged with Meth Possession After Traffic Stop