Pennies for a Cure Kicks Off at LCO School
The Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe School kicked off their annual participation in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Pennies for a Cure fundraiser with a Monday morning school assembly.
The school has many students who eagerly bring in their coins and donate to the worthy cause. 100% of the money raised will go toward helping cancer patients beat their disease by raising funds needed to support blood cancer research.
The school posted on their Facebook page a photo of Dante Thayer and said, “Third grader Dante Thayer brought in a jar of coins! He’s been saving his coins for an entire year for the Pennies for a Cure Drive. He is definitely a member of the Hero Squad!”
By collecting donations, LLS is able to find effective cancer therapies that, over the last 50 years, have increased the childhood leukemia survival rate from 3% to 90%. LLS also provides financial support to families affected by blood cancer to help combat the high cost of cancer care, according to Sue Taylor of the LCO Ojibwe School.
The school also said that every student who brings in coins is added to the school’s Hero Squad. This year’s Pennies for a Cure fundraiser at the LCO School runs till March 3, 2018.
“Please consider donating to your child, relative, or neighbor as they are collecting donations throughout the month of February. Top fundraising classes will also be working toward cash awards for their efforts,” Taylor said. “This is a chance for you to make a big difference in the lives of those with blood cancer.”
For more information contact Sue Taylor (715-634-8924 X 1287) or Linda Tennis (X 1297).
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 'Pennies from Heaven'
- Movie Review: 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure'
- Hiring of Former Tribal Chairman at LCO School Causes Community Backlash
- Winter Student Pleads in Terroristic Threat Incident at the School
- School Fight Leads to Conviction on Child Abuse Charges
- Hayward High School Students of the Month
- Hayward Middle School Students of the Month
- New Year's Eve Sobriety Powwow Planned at LCO School Gym
- CESA #12 Happenings Reported by School Board Member