Traffic Stop Leads to Discovery of 62.7 Grams of Meth
On December 14, 2017 at about 2:10 a.m., Sawyer County Deputies, assisted by Sawyer County SWAT, Sawyer County K-9 Oscar and his handler Deputy Dennis Nelson, executed a traffic stop of a vehicle on Company Lake Road in the Town of Lenroot in Sawyer County. K-9 Oscar subsequently indicated a positive hit in the dashboard area of the vehicle, where methamphetamine was located. The traffic stop was conducted as a result of an investigation into the sale and distribution of Methamphetamine in Sawyer County.
A search warrant was executed on a residence in the Town of Hunter as part of the investigation. The City of Hayward Police Department, the Wisconsin Department of Justice/Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wisconsin State Patrol and the LCO Conservation Department assisted in the investigation.
As a result of the investigation, two male suspects and one female suspect were taken into custody. Koutkeo Lovan, age 40, was arrested for Possession of over 50 Grams of Methamphetamine with Intent to Deliver, Felony Bail Jumping, and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. James A. Valentin, age 51, was arrested for Maintaining a Drug Trafficking Place and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Elizabeth A. Reed, age 24, was arrested for Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
As a result of the investigation, 62.7 grams (over two ounces) of Methamphetamine were seized as were a digital scale and numerous items of drug paraphernalia.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the City of Hayward Police Department, the Wisconsin Department of Justice/Division of Criminal Investigation, the Wisconsin State Patrol, the LCO Conservation Department and the Sawyer County District Attorney’s Office continue our combined efforts in our mission to protect the citizens of Sawyer County.
Per Sawyer County Sheriff Doug Mrotek
[Pictured above L/R: James A. Valentin, Elizabeth A. Reed, Koutkeo Lovan]
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Over 130 Grams of Cocaine Seized in Controlled Buy Investigation
- Search Warrant Results In Over 1,000 Grams of Marijuana Seized
- (VIDEO) Justin Timberlake Can't Stop the Feeling - Hayward, Wisconsin
- Controlled Buy Drug Investigations Lead to Meth Dealing Charges Against 8 in Just Two Weeks
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield
- Charges Filed Against Source of Meth in Josh Luce Case
- Poppletown Couple Held on $25,000 Cash Bond Following Meth and Heroin Dealing Charges
- Luce Sentenced to Prison on Previous Charges; Faces New Meth Dealing Charges
- Hayward Man Gets Felony Charge for Using Another Person's Name During Traffic Stop
- 19 Year Old LCO Woman, Several Others, Get Meth Dealing Charges from Drytown Drug Raid