Man Arrested After Report of Shots Fired During Domestic Disturbance
LENROOT TOWNSHIP - On January 13, 2018 at about 01:12 a.m., the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office received two calls reporting a domestic disturbance and shots fired at a residence on Valley Road in the Township of Lenroot. Sawyer County Deputies, assisted by the City of Hayward Police Department and the Wisconsin DNR, responded to the scene.
Deputies met with the 40-year-old female victim, at a location away from the residence. The victim advised that she was physically assaulted by the male suspect, identified as Andrew L. Ahrens, age 39, and that Mr. Ahrens fired a gun inside the residence after he assaulted her. The victim was not harmed by the gunshots, but did sustain injuries during the physical assault.
A few minutes later, the suspect, Andrew Ahrens, called the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office and advised that he would be waiting outside the residence with his hands up. Mr. Ahrens was subsequently arrested without incident. Potential criminal charges on Mr. Ahrens for Domestic Abuse Battery and Recklessly Endangering Safety with a Firearm will be forwarded to the Sawyer County District Attorney’s Office for review.
You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Sheriff Douglas Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Sawyer County Snowmobile ATV Alliance Trail Report
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- Sawyer County Snow Report
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Congressman Duffy and Family Okay After Being On Train that Collided
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Lake Hayward Trail Closes After Snowmobiles Go Through the Ice
- LCO Tribe Remains Open During Federal Government Shutdown
- Two Arrested After SWAT Raid on the LCO Reservation