Search Warrant Leads to Six Arrests in Sawyer County
SAWYER COUNTY -- On December 28, 2017, Sawyer County Deputies, assisted by Sawyer County SWAT, LCO Police Department Officers, Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation Agents, City of Hayward Police Department Officers and the Wisconsin State Patrol executed a search warrant on a residence on Neezh Street on the Lac Court Oreilles Reservation. The search warrant was obtained after an investigation by the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the LCO Police Department and the Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation, into drug trafficking from the residence.
L/R: Belinda Dennis; James Isham; Jimmy Dennis
L/R: Megan R. Trepania; Leon A. Corbine; Charles Smith
As a result of the investigation and the execution of the search warrant, six people were taken into custody. Belinda F. Dennis, age 37, was arrested for Maintaining a Drug Trafficking Place, Delivery of Methamphetamine and Felon in Possession of a Firearm; Megan R. Trepania, age 19, was arrested for Delivery of Methamphetamine and Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine; James M. Isham, age 25, was arrested for Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine; Charles M. Smith, age 32, was arrested for Obstructing an Officer and an active Arrest Warrant; Jimmy L. Dennis, age 30, was arrested on an active Probation Warrant and Leon A. Corbine, age 50, was arrested on an active Probation Warrant.
You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
During the execution of the search warrant, 1.7 grams of Methamphetamine, three digital scales, packaging materials, numerous items of Drug Paraphernalia and a handgun were all seized from the residence.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the LCO Police Department, the Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation and the Sawyer County District Attorney’s Office continue our combined efforts in our mission to protect the citizens of Sawyer County.
Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Sawyer County Snowmobile ATV Alliance Trail Report
- Winter Weather Advisory for Sawyer County
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 13 in Sawyer County
- Sawyer Co. ADA Aaron Marcoux 1 of 3 Finalists for Barron Co. DA Position
- Marge Kelsey to Run for Sawyer County Clerk of Court
- Search Warrant Results In Over 1,000 Grams of Marijuana Seized
- Sawyer County Sheriff Department Warrant List - 2/8/18
- Sawyer County Snow Report
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Cable Man Charged for Meth in Sawyer Faces Multiple Domestic Abuse Charges in Bayfield