Semi Tractor Trailer Crashes Into Home on US Hwy 2 in Iron River
IRON RIVER -- According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, a crash occurred near Iron River, Thursday, January 4, 2018, when the driver of a semi tractor trailer lost control and crossed the east bound lane and drifted off the roadway crashing into a residence on US Hwy 2.
The details of the accident are as follows;
Highway: US 2 WB
Location: NEAR DISTRICT AVENUE IN IRON RIVER
At 8:55 AM on Thursday January 04, 2018 a crash occurred on US 2 WB at Near District Avenue in Iron River in BAYFIELD County near MASON.
Assisting agencies included Bayfield County Sheriff’s Department, Iron River Police Department, and Iron River Fire and Ambulance.
The crash involved 1 injury. The details of the crash are as follows:
A semi tractor trailer unit was westbound on USH 2 in Iron River, when it crossed the eastbound lane, drifted off of the roadway, and struck a residence at 8165 USH 2. The driver of the semi tractor needed to be extricated from the unit but appears to have suffered only non life threatening injuries. There was one person present at the residence at the time of the crash, but they were uninjured as they were in one of the back rooms when the incident occurred. This single vehicle crash remains under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol, but the operator of the semi unit is being cited for operating left of center.
Unit 1: Truck Tractor(Semi Attached) (2017 Peterbuilt Semi Tractor)
Driver: Murray, Jason Earl 46 Year Old
Male From Bruce, WI
Injuries: Non-Life Threatening
Transported To: St. Luke’s Hospital Duluth, MN
Enforcement Action: Yes
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Movie Review: 'Black Panther' (with Trailer)
- Hayward City Council Approves Annexation Plan for 10-Home Development
- Joint Meeting Addresses "Flood" of Drugs Coming into Sawyer County
- Governor Walker Signs Eight Crime Prevention & Victim Protection Bills into Law in Mount Pleasant
- A Unity Walk for Jason Pero will Take Place Saturday from Bad River to the Ashland County Courthouse
- Governor Walker Signs 19 Bills Into Law
- Investigation into Heroin & Cocaine Trafficking in Sawyer Co. Leads to Multiple Arrests