Rep. Quinn Shares Video Meeting with Cable Representatives on Telemark Project
Wisconsin Rep. Romaine Quinn (R-Rice Lake) posted to his Facebook page on Friday, Dec. 15, a video regarding Wiscoinsin Assembly Bill 600 pertaining to creation of a tax incremental financing (TIF) district for a $47 million plan to remodel Telemark Lodge.
In the video, Quinn discusses the plan with several Cable area representatives. Quinn said the plan will reinvigorate the Cable tourism industry.
The persons in the video with Quinn are Art Hancock, Chairman of the Town of Cable, James Bolen, Executive Director of the Cable Area Chamber of Commerce, and Scottie Sandstrom, Executive Director of the Bayfield County Economic Development Corporation.
Rep. Quinn added before the video...
"The Telemark Lodge used to be the largest employer in northern Wisconsin. Our bill gives the Town of Cable the ability to work with a developer to renovate and reopen the lodge as a tourist destination and event space. This will be a HUGE development for northern Wisconsin!"
Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau of Bil AB:600
This bill allows the Town of Cable in Bayfield County to create a tax incremental district (TID) in the same manner as a city or village. Current law provides that a town may create a TID in the same manner as a city or village if the equalized value of all taxable property in the town is at least $500 million and the town's population is at least 3,500. Current law, however, allows the Town of Brookfield in Waukesha County, the Town of Somers in Kenosha County, and the Town of Freedom in Outagamie County to create a TID in the same manner as a city or village without having to satisfy the value and population requirements.
This bill was Introduced by Representatives Quinn, Meyers and Edming, and cosponsored by Senators Petrowski and Bewley.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Video of the Day: 'Honest Trailers: Justice League'
- Special Legislation for Town of Cable Clears the Senate
- Video of The Day: Beagle Puppy vs. Orange
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Try Advertising with SawyerWire for FREE!
- Video of the Day: 'People are Awesome - Best of the Week'
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 13 in Sawyer County
- Movie Review: 'Black Panther' (with Trailer)
- Trial Scheduled for Man Charged with Repeated Sexual Assault of a Child
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle