Trails in Great Condition and Area Lakes are Staked
Trail Conditions: Good
Snow Cover: One to 5 inches
Date of Report: January 9, 2018
It was a great weekend of riding! Sawyer County had the honor of hosting the AWSC banquet and ride and we loved to share our trails with others around the state who are the voice of our sport! Thank you to all who attended and rode and to all Alliance/club members and volunteers who worked hard hosting and guiding! And thank you to Flat Creek for the accommodations.
The trails held up nicely and are still in good condition with a 1-5″ base (1″ being in the open and near roads). All lakes are staked including Lake Hayward!
The next few days will be in the low to mid-thirties but by Wed we have white in the forecast! Wednesday night thru Thursday has a possibility of (depending on the forecast you need to believe) 5 to 8 to 12 inches of snow!!! Starting Friday temps will be back into the single digits with a high of 10 degrees. This will be fantastic for another great riding weekend! So get your sleds loaded up and gear on and be ready to ride!
Bayfield County is reported to be in good condition, Price in fair condition, Ashland, Douglas and Washburn counties are partially open and Barron and Rusk counties are currently closed.
Thank you to all club members and volunteers and thank you to all who choose Sawyer County as your riding destination!
News and Reports:
The HAYWARD 300 Sno-Cross is January 13 & 14, 2018
TICKETS $8/Advance… $10/Gate OR Weekend Pass $10/Advance… $15/Gate
$5 – Ages 12 and under
Advanced tickets can be purchased at the LCO Casino Gift Shop or by calling 715-634-5643 Ext. 6613
This is a RIDE TO event!! https://www.facebook.com/events/193131061241316/?active_tab=about
GATES OPEN: 9 AM DAILY
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 2018 Winter Area Calendar of Events
- Natural Connections: 'The Great Migration of Miniscule Things'
- Fire at Great Lakes Renewable Energy
- Sawyer Trails One of Only a Few Wisconsin Counties in Excellent Shape
- It Was A Great Weekend for Snowmobiling in Sawyer County
- Latest Trails Report and Fun Facts About Snowmobiling in Sawyer County
- Cable Area Chamber and Birkie Partner Up to Host Gitchi Gami Games
- Here's Your Chance to Win $7,500 While Supporting Area K9 Units