Tribal Member Hired as Administrator for Tihawe Foundation in Minneapolis
Melissa Anderson recently joined the TIWAHE Foundation in Minneapolis as its new foundation administrator. Melissa is a Lac Courte Oreilles Tribal member that resides in Minneapolis. Melissa went to school for legal studies at Minnesota School of Business, and proceeded to work in a fast, and upscale environment.
Through encouragement from a close friend, Melissa was hired at the Native American Community Clinic, following the footsteps of her mother and grandmother who both worked within the community.
During her tenure, there she discovered her love of communications and public relations. Melissa is a passionate and creative person, who enjoys staying close to home with her loved ones, however she also loves to travel far and wide, meeting new people, and experiencing things in different people's perspective.
"I was drawn to Tiwahe simply because they are in a business of building and uplifting our community," said Melissa. "As a self-proclaimed giver and doer, I wanted to be a part of that because I love to see people thrive, especially my Native family and community."
Melissa also stated that the name Tiwahe in and of itself means family, and just like they say Ohana in Hawaii. Ohana means family and family means no one gets left behind.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Hiring of Former Tribal Chairman at LCO School Causes Community Backlash
- LCO Tribal Judge Speaks to HS Students About Treaties and Sovereignty
- Tribal Elders Invited to Ribbon Cutting for Sevenwinds Convention Center
- American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation and Lumberjack World Championships Foundation to Join Forces
- Miracle Ear Foundation gives Hayward man the gift of hearing
- CESA #12 Happenings Reported by School Board Member
- Sawyer County Administrator not Hired at Chippewa County
- Tribal Action Plan and Other Ideas Discussed at Drug Meeting
- Sawyer County Administrator One of Three Finalists for Chippewa County Job
- Winter Administrator Kurt Lindau: Speaking of Education