Two Adults and Four-Year-Old Child Die from Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Sawyer Co.
On 10/29/17 at 11:20 a.m. The Sawyer County Sheriff's Office received a call regarding three unresponsive people in a residence located on Highway 27/70, Radisson, WI, possibly victims of carbon monoxide poisoning. Sawyer County Sheriff's Office Deputies responded to the residence, assisted by Sawyer County Ambulance and Paramedics, the Radisson Fire Department, the Couderay Fire Department, the Exeland Fire Department and the Sawyer County Coroner's Office.
The three victims, two adults and one child, were found deceased inside the residence. The victims have been identified as Steven Michael Ryan, age 61, Carolyn Marie Rindahl, age 60, both of the Town of Radisson and their grandson, age 4. All three victims showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene. There were no visible signs of injuries to any of the victims. The Sawyer County Coroner's Office is awaiting toxicology results for all three victims. Preliminary indication are that a recently improperly installed furnace in the residence was responsible for the deaths. Carbon monoxide was found to be present inside the residence after the victims were located.
This incident remains under investigation, pending toxicology results.
Per Sawyer County Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- 'Pennies from Heaven'
- Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 13 in Sawyer County
- Winter Weather Advisory for Sawyer County
- Trial Scheduled for Man Charged with Repeated Sexual Assault of a Child
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Sawyer Co. ADA Aaron Marcoux 1 of 3 Finalists for Barron Co. DA Position
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- Marge Kelsey to Run for Sawyer County Clerk of Court
- Sawyer County Sheriff Department Warrant List - 2/8/18
- Sawyer County Snow Report