Two Arrested After SWAT Raid on the LCO Reservation
On January 12, 2018, Sawyer County Deputies, assisted by Sawyer County SWAT, LCO Police Department Officers, and Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation Agents executed a search warrant at a residence located on Poppletown Road on the Lac Court Oreilles Reservation. The search warrant was obtained after an investigation by the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the LCO Police Department and the Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation, into alleged drug trafficking from the residence.
As a result of the investigation and the execution of the search warrant, two people were taken into custody. One adult male, Derrick A. McDaniel, age 26, was arrested for Delivery of Heroin, Delivery of Methamphetamine, Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine, and a Probation Warrant. One adult female, Danette L Sharlow, age 37, was arrested for Possession with Intent to Deliver Methamphetamine and Maintaining a Drug Trafficking Place.
You are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
During the execution of the search warrant, .6 gram of Heroin, .9 gram of Methamphetamine, two digital scales, packaging materials, several items of Drug Paraphernalia and $673.00 in cash were seized from the residence.
The Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office, the LCO Police Department, the Wisconsin DOJ Division of Criminal Investigation and the Sawyer County District Attorney’s Office continue our combined efforts in our mission to protect the citizens of Sawyer County.
Per Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Congressman Duffy and Family Okay After Being On Train that Collided
- 4th OWI Charges Filed After Sawyer Co. Deputy Stops Vehicle Going 25 Over
- Lake Hayward Trail Closes After Snowmobiles Go Through the Ice
- 19 Year Old LCO Woman, Several Others, Get Meth Dealing Charges from Drytown Drug Raid
- Man Arrested After Report of Shots Fired During Domestic Disturbance
- Woman Convicted of Maintaining a Drug House on Reservation
- Two Charged with Possession of Narcotics After Traffic Stop