Two-Vehicle Crash Results in Two People Airlifted with Injuries
On December 28, 2017 at about 7:10 p.m. the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office Dispatch Center received a cellular call reporting a two vehicle traffic crash with injuries at the intersection of State Highway 27/70 and County Highway E in Sawyer County. Sawyer County Deputies responded to the scene, assisted by the Wisconsin State Patrol, Sawyer County EMS/Paramedic and the Stone Lake Fire Department.
Preliminary indications are that a Mitsubishi passenger car was proceeding southbound on CTH E, when the 17-year-old male driver failed to stop for a stop sign at the intersection of CTH E and STH 27/70. A Mercury SUV, driven by a 26-year-old female, which was proceeding eastbound on STH 27/70, then collided with the Mitsubishi passenger car in the intersection.
The 17-year-old male driver of the passenger car was transported to the Hayward Area Memorial Hospital by Sawyer County Ambulance and subsequently air lifted to St. Mary’s Hospital in Duluth, MN. The 21-year-old female passenger in the passenger car was airlifted to St. Mary’s Hospital in Duluth. The conditions of the 17 year old male and 21 year old female are not known at this time.
The female driver and passengers in the SUV sustained no known injuries.
The names of the 17-year-old driver & the 21-year-old female passenger in the passenger car and the names of the occupants of the SUV are not being released. The crash remains under investigation by the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office and the Wisconsin State Patrol.
Sheriff Douglas Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Trial Scheduled for Man Charged with Repeated Sexual Assault of a Child
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2-Vehicle Crash in Town of Barnes
- Search Warrant Results In Over 1,000 Grams of Marijuana Seized
- Pistol Used in Assault Results in Conviction for Hayward Man
- Boys & Girls Club Securing Its Future with New Endowment Campaign
- Winter Man Sentenced to 60 Days in Jail; Probation for Relationship with 16-Year-Old
- Propane Shortage With Extreme Cold Weather Has Governor Declaring State of Emergency