Wisconsin Singers Return to Hayward for 50th Anniversary Show
The weekend of January 12 and 13, the UW-Madison’s premier entertainment group, the Wisconsin Singers, will be taking their 50th Anniversary season show to Hayward, Carter Biskup’s hometown.
The show, Can’t Stop Dancin’!, will be at the Hayward High School Auditorium beginning at 7 pm both nights and Biskup, one of its performers, will be singing and dancing in the show for the fourth year in a row.
According to Wisconsinsingers.com;
Featuring captivating vocals, stunning choreography, big band sound and Badger spirit performed by UW’s most talented students, Can’t Stop Dancin’! is a 90-minute revue of top hits of American pop music from the past five decades, highlighting more than 40 songs. It’s entertainment for the whole family, including highlights from Moana to the Muppet Show, Pentatonix to Taylor Swift, KISS to Elton John, and Aretha Franklin to Duke Ellington. Broadway buffs will love the covers of Broadway hits from Dear Evan Hansen, Rent and Hairspray.
Wisconsin Singers has a Fifth Quarter too, where Badger fans can sing along to “Varsity,” dance to “Tequila” and jam to “Jump Around.” The Wisconsin Singers Band will rock the house with a foot-tapping swing medley and a tribute to The Beatles.
Can’t Stop Dancin’! is arranged by Taras Nahirniak, Madison freelance composer and arranger, and is choreographed by Jarad Voss, professional freelance hip hop dancer. Both Nahirniak and Voss are Wisconsin Singers alumni.
2017 marks the 50th anniversary year of Wisconsin Singers, which has been UW’s top entertainment troupe since 1967. As a non-profit group helping communities around Wisconsin and beyond, Singers is UW-Madison’s only “Official Ambassador of Goodwill.”
Don’t miss the nationally renowned Wisconsin Singers as it celebrates 50 years of excellence; this year’s show is the best one yet!
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Why Choose Spooner & Hayward Physical Therapy and Wellness? It's as Easy as ABC
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- (Video) Birkie International Bridge Will Span 4 Lanes Over Hwy 63 in Hayward
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Hayward Man Arrested for Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence, 5th Offense
- SBA Deadline to Apply for Working Capital Loans in Wisconsin is March 12
- Hayward Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Underage Child
- 2 Hayward Women Charged Following Alleged Burglary of LCO Convenience Store
- 3rd Annual Hockey Day this Saturday in Hayward
- Hayward Students Took Center Stage at Solo & Ensemble Presentation in Spooner