Woman Convicted of Maintaining a Drug House on Reservation
An LCO woman, Danita Sharlow, 39, was given three years of probation on January 4, 2018, after accepting a plea agreement and being found guilty of Maintaining a Drug Trafficking Place and Possession of THC with Intent to Deliver.
Sharlow also faced charges of Possession of Narcotics with Intent to Deliver and misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, but those two charges were dismissed and read in as part of the plea agreement.
Sharlow was also ordered to pay a fine of $748.50 and AODA and follow through, and she was fined $360 restitution to the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office. She was also ordered to pay a $250 DNA surcharge.
Sharlow was also ordered to have no contact with John Cadotte, who is currently being held in the Sawyer County Jail awaiting sentencing.
According to the criminal complaint, on Oct. 20, 2015, members of the Sawyer County Sheriff’s Office and the Department of Criminal Investigations (DCI) executed a search warrant at the residence of Cadotte and Sharlow on Akikaandaag Lane on the LCO Reservation.
The warrant was issued based on an investigation over the course of three months in which controlled buys were made of marijuana and a schedule II controlled substance, Oxycodone Hydrochoride. The buys were made at the residence from John Cadotte and present at the time was Danita Sharlow, the complaint stated.
At approximately 8:00 a.m. on the morning of Oct. 20, officers executed the search warrant and found Sharlow was the only one home at the time. She told officers that they would find marijuana and pills in the basement, the complaint stated.
Sharlow told the officers the house was hers and Cadotte had moved in about 1.5 years prior to that. Sharlow told the officers she didn’t know where Cadotte got the drugs or how much he got at a time.
Found in the residence were several prepackaged baggies containing small amounts of marijuana and an unlabeled pill bottle with 56 Oxycodone HCL 30 mg tablets was also found and 21 Alprazolam tablets in an unlabeled bottle. Another container held 8 Oxycodone tablets and another Alprazolam was found, according to the complaint.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Jury Trial Set for Hayward Man Charged in Prescription Drug Case
- Hayward Woman Facing Charges of 4th Offense OWI With a Child in Vehicle
- Minnesota Man Gets Drug Charges After High Speed Pursuit on Hwy B
- Hayward Man Convicted on His 4th OWI
- K-9 Trace, Multiple Agencies Work Together in Recent Drug Busts
- Controlled Buy Drug Investigations Lead to Meth Dealing Charges Against 8 in Just Two Weeks
- Hayward Man Convicted in Burglary of the LCO Convenience Store
- Two Arrested After SWAT Raid on the LCO Reservation
- 19 Year Old LCO Woman, Several Others, Get Meth Dealing Charges from Drytown Drug Raid
- Stone Lake Woman Gets Jail and Probation for 4th OWI